Welcome to the notarised quick reference guide for episode forty-three of the Racing Mentor Sponsorship Podcast. This week: How to find and understand sponsor goals. Jess and Toby dive deeper into sponsor goals and why they matter if you want to deliver a bespoke proposal that excites potential sponsors. Learning more about what they want, and what they’re working on matters: where you could fit in, and offer value, becomes much much clearer.
Listen at the links below, or search on your favourite platforms.
Here are the key talking points:
05:35 – Why their goals make your proposals better
07:45 – What are they trying to do?
09:04 – The website clues to look for
12:08 – Company blogs and newsletters
15:06 – Thinking of offering a track day?
18:20 – Are you desensitized to being a racing driver?
23:35 – Questions you should be asking
32:10 – Formulating a bespoke proposal
38:32 – Measuring and tracking goals, KPI, and ROI
- Listen Again: Podcast 003: How to research sponsors
- Listen Again: Podcast 010: Why business-minded drivers succeed
- Shop link: Email Sponsorship Templates
- Ask Jess a question for the show here
- Nominate a driver of the week here
- Join the RM Side Hustle Community
- Join the RM Sponsorship Community
- Racing Mentor Podium Club
- Sign up for the RM newsletter
- Read: Chapter three – researching sponsors : Get Paid To Race book
- Read: Wondering why your pitch isn’t getting a reply? (blogpost)
- Planning your sponsor approaches?: 1:1 hourly coaching sessions with Jess
- Take the sponsorship accelerator: Six Weeks to Success