Welcome to the notarised quick reference guide for episode forty-two of the Racing Mentor Sponsorship Podcast. This week: A Q&A session. Toby takes on the role of interviewer, as Jess answers audience questions, including; where to start with Motorsport sponsorship, using Instagram like an influencer, and much more. If you have a question you want to be answered, send it in for next time.
Listen at the links below, or search on your favourite platforms.
Here are the key talking points:
00:49 – Do sponsors mainly look at your Instagram as a value-add?
04:03 – Do you suggest sending out sponsorship proposals in writing or presenting them virtually?
05:10 – After the coronavirus pandemic and perhaps with staff on furlough, is it unethical to ask for sponsorship?
07:32 – What can I offer to sponsors when I’m racing in a rental kart?
10:20 – Where’s the best place to start with sponsorship if I don’t have a race licence yet?
13:30 – Is it better, or worse, to get a local sponsor?
15:51 – What’s the best thing I can do to find a sponsor?
17:56 – A cool guide to Google-fu
19:46 – What advice do you have for someone starting out, in their 30’s?
22:31 – What’s the biggest deal one of your clients has got?
- Ask Jess a question for the show here
- Nominate a driver of the week here
- Join the RM Side Hustle Community
- Join the RM Sponsorship Community
- Racing Mentor Podium Club
- Sign up for the RM newsletter
- Buy the Get Paid To Race book
- Read: A driver’s guide to sponsorship (blogpost)
- Read: How to find sponsors (blogpost)
- Get a sponsorship plan in place: 1:1 hourly coaching sessions with Jess
- Take the sponsorship accelerator: Six Weeks to Success