Welcome to the notarised quick reference guide for episode forty of the Racing Mentor Sponsorship Podcast. This week: How to go above and beyond. Jess and Toby talk you through the elements needed to create an amazing race weekend for your sponsors. Elevating their experience doesn’t mean spending lots of money, it’s about finessing the details so your sponsors feel like VIP guests. What can that mean for you? Putting together an exciting race weekend for a sponsor will strengthen your current partnership, ensure future seasons together, and showcase your brand’s value to other potential sponsors.
Listen at the links below, or search on your favourite platforms.
Here are the key talking points:
03:20 – Communication: selling the excitement before the weekend arrives
06:25 – Create a hospitality timetable
11:20 – Have a contact person, or sponsor host
16:10 – Relationship building and sponsor networking
19:50 – Ask your sponsor what their race day goals are.
21:53 – Actions that keep sponsors for future seasons
26:52 – After the race weekend tasks: feedback and testimonials
31:02 – Make their life easier by sending images for their content
- Ask Jess a question for the show here
- Nominate a driver of the week here
- Join the RM Side Hustle Community
- Join the RM Sponsorship Community
- Racing Mentor Podium Club
- Sign up for the RM newsletter
- Buy the Get Paid To Race book
- Read: A driver’s guide to sponsorship (blogpost)
- Read: How to find sponsors (blogpost)
- Want to talk through a race day hosting plan? : 1:1 hourly coaching sessions with Jess
- Take the sponsorship accelerator: Six Weeks to Success