Welcome to the notarised quick reference guide for episode thirty-five of the Racing Mentor Sponsorship Podcast. This week: What to do when you lose motivation. Jess and Toby talk through their own motivational barriers, and how they over come them. Losing motivation happens to all of us at some point, and more often than most care to admit. This weeks episode will help you identify the tools and ideas that can keep you on course and motivated to achieve sponsorship success.
Listen at the links below, or search on your favourite platforms.
This week’s episode is 36 minutes on the barriers, and solutions, around maintaining motivation.
Here are the highlights:
01:50 – Are you stuck, tired or lacking motivation? (yes, its easy to confuse them)
02:45 – Toby’s take
04:38 – The weird thing about chasing sponsorship work
06:00 – Remembering your reasons why
07:46 – Using visualisation
09:09 – Why do we lose motivation anyway?
09:39 – Is it ‘big pitch’ fear?
10:10 – Skillset weakness
11:05 – Why planning matters
12:25 – Using mindfulness to access motivation
14:50 – Jess shares her favourite big-task-slayer trick
18:57 – How time scales help you manage big list anxiety
19:52 – Why you totally can (and should) factor in breaks
21:05 – The surprising benefits of a full day off
22:00 – Why ‘busy breaks’ work for Jess
24:00 – Pandemic-proof the benefits of a scenery change
25:25 – When did you last ask for a pep talk?
25:57 – What Would Jess Do? Engineering niche pitches
32:50 – Driver of the week: Roger Owens
- Ask Jess a question for the show here
- Nominate a driver of the week here
- Eat that frog! Brian Tracy (Amazon affiliate link)
- RM Side Hustle Community
- RM Sponsorship Community
- Racing Mentor Podium Club
- Sign up for the RM newsletter
- Read past editions of the Jess of all trades newsletter
- Buy the Get Paid To Race book
- Read: Finding time for sponsorship tasks (blogpost)
- Learn more about Racing Mentor’s LinkedIn webinar series
- Blogpost: What do sponsors want (and deserve) from you?
- Need a pep talk and a fresh point of view? 1:1 coaching with Jess
- Signing up a sponsor? Get a contract template here
- The sponsorship accelerator: Six Weeks to Success
How to have fun with your content