Welcome to the Racing Mentor Sponsorship Podcast, an ongoing discussion on all matters sponsorship. Each week we break down a component part of the sponsorship journey, explore quick wins, give you best-foot-forward moves, and challenge you all to learn more, know more and share more.
Who are we? Jess Shanahan and Toby Trice; Jess is the Racing Mentor. While Toby is a successful alumni from the Racing Mentor Six Weeks to Success programme.
This week: Branding. Why it matters, where you’ll see its effects and what you’ll need to consider if you want to deliver a slick brand that appeals.
Listen above, at the links below, or search on your favourite platforms.
Need a quick heads up on the highlights?
01:50 – Jess’s branding story
04:09 – Beyond the logo, how far does branding actually go?
07:00 – What’s your first impression?
07:40 – Toby’s brand character
10:00 – Dig deeper: A lesson from Puma
12:50 – What’s your value proposition?
13:00 – The importance of perceived value
14:00 – Look who’s watching
16:16 – Toby’s ground-up tips and tricks
16:52 Canva.com – Jess’s (not so) secret weapon for onbrand and ontime output
20:40 – Using Trello, an online work flow board.
22:30 – I love it when a plan comes together (How effort gets rewarded)
24:38 – Driver of the week – Meet Nathan Williams, and get nominating!
25:15 – Join the conversation
- Momentum Social
- The Puma video
- Purple Tasche
- Racing Mentor Sponsorship Community
- Toby’s Vlog
- Driver of the week: Nathan Williams
- Toby’s sponsorship journey
- Finding the right words for Sponsorship pitches
- Do you still need a business card
- Get comfortable with video and YouTube
- Potential Sponsor engagement
- More branding content on the blog
- Free Download – The sponsorship checklist
- Buy the Get Paid To Race book
- Take a look at the Six Weeks to Success course
- Find Racing Mentor on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Join the Racing Mentor Sponsorship group on Facebook.
- Find Toby on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Visit Toby’s website: Toby Trice Racing.
Thinking outside the box